Risk Management for Responsible Managers
Clinic 3 provides an overview and understanding of the risk management structure required for AFS licensees. It discusses the key areas of risk for licensees, and guides participants through the seven-step AFSL risk management process, based on internationally recognised standard ISO 31000 ‘Risk Management’ and AS/NZS 4360.
Register by fax or email
You will need to download this registration form
Clinic 3 - Risk Management for Responsible Managers
See program outline
Sydney Aug 15, 2013
9:00am - 1:00pm
About the Speaker
Susan Campbell, Consultant,Argyll Financial & Treasury Consultants
Susan Campbell has worked for many years in the finance industry with major banks in Melbourne and London as a treasury advisor to Australian and international firms. Susan subsequently became the Treasurer for Sussan Corporation, a large Australian property and retail group.
For the last 20 years, Susan has run a successful consulting business, ARGYLL, specialising in treasury operations, transactional banking, risk management and internal controls. Susan also consults on finance and treasury policy to various professional bodies in Australia. Susan is also a non-executive director of Heritage Bank and head of its Risk Committee. Heritage is Australia’s largest member-owned bank, giving Susan direct experience and insight into the role of good risk management in surviving major financial stresses.
Who is it for?
This clinic is suitable for individuals who have been nominated as a responsible manager on their organisation’s AFSL, for a firm operating in Australian traded markets and are:
- seeking to build their skills and knowledge in risk management specifically for AFS holders
- working for AFMA member organisations and requiring industry accreditation
- seeking to satisfy regulatory training requirements (for RG 105 or RG146)
- seeking a nationally recognised workplace qualification in finance
- aspiring to further their careers in Australian traded financial markets, or seeking to increase their knowledge in the area.
What will you learn?
By the end of this clinic you'll have gained applied knowledge and skills in:
- identify and explain the key risks facing AFS licensees: market, credit, liquidity and operational, and apply these to your own organisation
- describe the purpose and effect of relevant Australian and international standards and international principles relating to risk management
- define the main terminology used in risk management
- evaluate and assess the risks facing your organisation
- describe and implement the seven-step risk management process, adapted to your organisation’s circumstances
- evaluate and assess strategies/processes and systems for managing risk within your area
- develop and implement strategies/processes and systems for managing risk in your area.
What is the workload?
The estimated workload for this clinic includes:
- four hours of workshop attendance
- approximately 20-30 hours of self-study
- completion of the assessment (see below for more details)
What is the assessment?
There are three assessment components for Clinic 3:
quiz. This is a 30-minute online exam with 20 multiple choice questions.
in practice exercises. These are contained within your manual.
interview-based assessment. One single 30-minute interview for Clinics 1 and 2, conducted after you have attended Clinic 2.
What do you achieve by completing this module?
You will be awarded a Statement of Attainment when Clinic 3 is successfully completed, as partial completion of the Advanced Diploma of Financial Licensing Management FNS67011. To achieve the Advanced Diploma, you need to also complete Clinics 1 and 2.
This entire program was great.
The interaction with the other participants with different backgrounds was quite useful.
The practical exercises were very good.
The clinic gave me some good ideas for risk management in our company.