AML/CTF Management Program
The Diploma of Applied Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Management is a workplace focused qualification, developed jointly by AFMA and the International Compliance Association (ICA). Based on the ICA’s globally-recognised international AML/CTF qualification, the diploma covers international and Australian principles, laws and practice.
How do you undertake the program?
The program comprises three modules, which are completed via a combination of workshop attendance, self-study, online support and assessment.
The components of the program are:
Each module is self-standing and can be studied by itself; it is not necessary to enrol in all three modules. However, to be awarded the Diploma qualification, it is necessary to successfully complete all three modules in order, from Module 1 to Module 3. It is strongly recommended that individuals who wish to build a career in AML/CTF complete all three modules, as the qualification is constructed as an integrated program providing complete professional training for AML/CTF officers.
Who is it for?
The Program is designed for compliance or AML professionals who already have some experience. It provides the detailed theoretical knowledge and practical skills that AML/CTF practitioners need in order to undertake their responsibilities effectively and efficiently and to advance their careers.
What will you learn?
The Program is designed to enable a compliance or AML professional to demonstrate:
- a thorough understanding of money laundering – what it means, how it is practised, and what sort of criminal activity can lie behind it
- an awareness of developing money laundering typologies and techniques
- an awareness of the vulnerabilities of specific financial services and products to money laundering and terrorism financing
- a thorough understanding of international and national strategies to prevent money laundering
- an understanding of how to ensure full compliance with Australian AML/CTF legislation
- the ability to recognise, evaluate and handle suspicious transactions and relationships
- the ability to design and implement an effective system of controls for AML/CTF within a financial services business
- the ability to risk-profile clients
- the ability to communicate confidently with law enforcement agencies
- the ability to educate and train staff
- the ability to generate essential management information for use in the evaluation and risk profiling of financial services, products and clients
- the ability to influence positively the compliance culture of an organisation.
What will you achieve?
When you successfully complete the Program, you will achieve the following:
- the Diploma of Applied Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Management FNS51715. This is a nationally recognised qualification, entitling you to use the post nominal Dip. AML/CTF
- the ICA International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering, awarded in association with the University of Manchester Business School, entitling you to use the post nominal Int Dip (AML). This is an internationally recognised Honours degree level qualification which is mapped against international occupational standards of competence in AML/CTF. Some universities may give you credit against a Masters degree level qualification for the work you complete for this Diploma
- eligibility for professional membership of the ICA, entitling you to use the designation MICA (Member of the ICA) and, after 5 years, FICA (Fellow of the ICA)
- AFMA Accredited Individual status – if your employer is an AFMA member
- up to 90 CE hours (Regulation & Compliance).
Candidates successfully completing a single module will receive a Statement of Attainment.
For detailed information on the Diploma of Applied Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing, please read through the information below.